Make lip color last: put on a layer of foundation, then a layer of lipstick, then dust your lips with translucent powder. Then put on a second layer of your lipstick. It will stay for a long time to make up for the long process!— Glamour Magazine
Put sunscreen on before you get dressed, in case your clothing (or costume) shifts.—
Carrot juice is a amazing for skin. By drinking the juice and applying it topically it fights acne breakouts and fades scarring.
Exfoliation Enzyme Mask
1 teaspoon mashed papaya
1 cube pineapple or 1 1/2 teaspoon pineapple juice
1 teaspoon cornmeal
3/4 teaspoon finely ground sea salt
Blend all ingredients in a mixer, adding sea salt last. Apply to entire face, save for eyes, using a mask or foundation brush for even application.
Leave on for 3 to 5 minutes before rinsing. The mask gently removes dead cells without irritating, leaving skin velvety smooth. Follow with moisturizer.
The same nutrients that create clear skin can keep your arteries clear, ward off cancer, and prevent diabetes!
- Pigments that give blueberries their color are anti-inflammatories that shield cells from damaging free radicals created by excessive sun exposure, stress, and environmental toxins
- Substitute with blackberries, red or purple grapes, or raspberries, for the same benefits
- Shields skin from stress (internal and external)
- Protects cells from age spots, wrinkles, sagging skin
- Vitamin C is building block for collagen
- 2-3 servings of Vitamin C per day
- D-limonene is another nutrient found in the skin of citrus; people who eat citrus peel at least once per week have less incidence of skin cancer.
Dark, Leafy Greens
- Spinach, collards, kale, and similar greens help turn back time on aging skin
- Lutein increases hydration and elasticity
- Wild salmon is rich in two essential fatty acids: DHA and EPA
- Compounds help keep cells flexible, allowing them to function better
- Calm inflammation that causes aging and problem skin
- Diet rich in fish helps protect skin against sun damage, and helps heal skin conditions such as acne, eczema, and psoriasis
- Loaded with astaxanthin, which is estimated to have 10 times the antioxidant power of beta-carotene
- Helps prevent wrinkles and age spots
- Increases skin’s resistance to UV damage
- Beta-carotene is converted to vitamin A in the body
- Provide lycopene, which also safeguards skin
- Encourages collagen production and acts as natural low-potency sunscreen
- For optimal absorption, tomatoes need to be cooked and consumed with fat (like olive oil)